Wednesdays: Elementary school age
Explore 5 famous artists and their works by creating up to 8 projects inspired by their techniques.
- Elements of pattern in multi-media
- Geometric shapes as inspiration through collage
- Applying texture to a piece of art from found objects esp. on 3-D objects
- How scale and perspective work in art
Thursdays: Middle/high school age
Creative self- expression with minimal direction and lots of resources. Introduction to special techniques and long-term projects will be encouraged. Larger scale modern/pop art works.
- Discover how music affects painting similar to the Russian artist Kandinsky methodology
- DIY screen printing/print-making on various surfaces
- Creating a large mural of Keith Haring- like project
- Sculpt using wire and clay to make a one-of-a-kind Thiebeau/Oldenberg inspired piece