Tuesdays: Grades 4 to 8
Art through the ages, Part 1 - Renaissance, Romanticism, Realism, and Impressionism.
- Learn to sketch from photographs using observational techniques
- Practice classical techniques of impressionistic brushstrokes and impasto
- Applying patterns to a piece of art from historical/cultural periods (bronze relief)
- Learn to make plaster and paint on it as in fresco painting
- Elements of art (shape/color/line) including how warm and cool colors affect art
THURSDAYS: Grades K to 3
Storybook Art Nature - The inspiring outdoor world finds its way to canvas, clay and paper.
- "We're Going to the Mountains"- Using texture tools in acrylic landscape painting; basic composition and perspective is introduced
- "Counting on Fall"- Printing textural fall leaves with tempera paint; study color blending
- "Outside your Window" - Imagery collage through acetate
- "Why is the Sky Blue?"- Cool color lesson using photos; watercolor painting on paper
- "Stars" - Night time scene on clay (ceramic) slab; warm vs. cool colors lesson