Tuesdays: Grades 4 to 8
Art Around the World is the discovery of 5 genres which includes Egypt, Greece, France, Tibet, and Aboriginal Australia. Each with it's own significance and importance in contemporary society, children will explore multiple mediums including natural clay, paint, charcoal/graphite, pastels on canvas, wood and paper. Class fee includes supplies for 8 weeks.
- Learn to draw from photographs using observational techniques
- Practice watercolor techniques
- Applying patterns to a piece of art from historical/cultural periods
- Learn to draw a profile
- Elements of art (shape/color/line)
Wednesdays: Grades K to 3
Storybook Art - The wonderful world of Eric Carle is a colorful expression of words and images. Children will incorporate traditional and non-traditional materials to create one-of-a-kind masterpieces that reflect his artistic styling. Books will be read out loud.
- Mr Seahorse - Clay sculpture with choice tissue overlay
- The Hungry Caterpillar - Textural pieces are cut and pasted on a acrylic painted background
- The Tiny Seed - Colored clay pieces emulate flower components and glued onto wood
- Papa Please Get Me the Moon - Photos of the children will be adhered to a tissue collage
- Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother, too? - Textural pieces are cut and pasted on a watercolor background